MUSICIANSHIP (no assignment)
Musicianship Handout: Level 2: Set 3 (no assignment)
READING (no assignment)
Celebrate Piano! Lesson & Musicianship 1B
- Sight-read Prepare: 70, 73, 74, 75 and 78-79
- Treat these as sight-reading assignments so if you make a mistake, don't stop. Only stop at the end and then fix the mistakes in your mind before you try again! :)
*Technical Requirements Handout: Level 2
- PREPARE: all of page 7.
Hanon No 1 (no assignment)
- Hands together with tidy attacks.
- Wrists up.
- Don't pull on the keys
*Ladies in Waiting by William Gillock (L.2 Etude)
- Learn at least 4 measures every day so you will have two days to review the entire piece.
- Start by learning hands alone at a very slow tempo
- Do you have the correct rhythm?
- Are you playing the correct notes?
- Are you using the articulation markings?
*Invention in C Major by Renée Christopher (L.2 List C
- Fix mm. 4-5 in the LH notes
- Fix m. 7 in the RH
- Watch your practice video for your wrist work.
- Fix all articulation by playing this slowly!
PROSPECTIVE REPERTOIRE (no assignment)
Menuetto in C by W. A. Mozart (Level 2)
*REVIEW (once a week WITH your music)
- Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau: Movements 1 and 2
- GEORGE, JON: Relay Race
- DANIEL GOTTLOB, TURK: The Ballet
- POOLE, CLIFFORD: Mist
- Frere Jacques Stands on His Head by Clifford Poole
Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau