Notes & Makeups
Books on Loan
- Four Star: Sight Reading and Ear Tests Level 2 (same as in Abby's guide)
*Musicianship Handout: Level 2
- Prepare Set 8: do one "day" per practice session.
*Technical Requirements Level 3:
*ORDER OF SHARPS & FLATS:
SHARPS: F, C, G, D, A, E, B
FLATS: B, E, A, D, G, C, F
*Memorize the number of sharps or flats in each key:
D Major - 2 sharps - F, C
F Major - 1 flat - B
B-flat Major - 2 flat - B, E
B Minor - 2 sharps - F, C
D minor - 1 flat - B
G minor - 2 flats - B, E
*Hanon No 1
- LEGATO: m.m. 60 per quarter note
- CLOSE LOUD: m.m. 108 per 8th note
- Wrist needs to be up on RH finger 5 please!
- Don't overlap any notes. Don't let the sound bleed into the next sound.
Etude in C Major Op. 36 No. 22 by Alexander Gedike (Etude.2)
- Be sure to have all your articulation markings fixed.
- Play through with a steady slow beat.
Little Piece No. 3 (L.2)
- Keep LH relaxed when you're playing chords.
- Build your speed to m.m. 80 with no stops. Do this in sections. Maybe start with 4-8 measures until you can do it with no stops or mistakes. Then expand your sections until you can do the whole piece!
- Add dynamics!
Little Red Wagon by Teresa Richert (L.2)
- Add expression markings and keep wrists up when you're playing 3rds.
*Czerny Op. 823
- No. 6
- Keep your wrist up whenever you play finger 5.
- Add your own expression markings!
- No. 7
- Learn all the correct articulations.
- No. 6
Celebrate Piano! Lesson & Musicianship 2A
- Dustin ordered and will bring when it arrives.
REVIEW (Mist & Frere Jacques)
- Periwinkle Twinkle by Anne Crosby Gaudet
- Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau: Movements 1 and 2
- GEORGE, JON: Relay Race (10/11)
DANIEL GOTTLOB, TURK: The Ballet (10/4)
- *POOLE, CLIFFORD: Mist
- *Frere Jacques Stands on His Head by Clifford Poole
Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau