Notes & Makeups
Books on Loan
- Four Star: Sight Reading and Ear Tests Level 2 (same as in Abby's guide)
*Musicianship Handout: Level 2 (we didn't get to this)
- Prepare Set 8: do one "day" per practice session.
*Technical Requirements Level 3:
*ORDER OF SHARPS & FLATS:
SHARPS: F, C, G, D, A, E, B
FLATS: B, E, A, D, G, C, F
SCALES: Hands Together, 2 octaves
D Major - 2 sharps - F, C
Practice hands together.
F Major - 1 flat - B
B-flat Major - 2 flat - B, E
B Minor - 2 sharps - F, C
D minor - 1 flat - B
G minor - 2 flats - B, E
*Hanon No 1
- LEGATO: m.m. 60 per quarter note
- CLOSE LOUD: m.m. 108 per 8th note
- Wrist needs to be up on RH finger 5 please!
- Don't overlap any notes. Don't let the sound bleed into the next sound.
Colored Windows by Edna-Mae Burnam (Etude.2)
- Learn the notes
Etude in C Major Op. 36 No. 22 by Alexander Gedike (Etude.2)
- Use your practice chart.
- Fix LH fingering in m. 7
- Fix RH articulation in m. 7
- Play through until you make a mistake.
- Once you've identified the mistake, "spot it!"
- Choose a small section
- If needed, do HA first, 3-5 times in-a-row correctly
- HT 3-5 in-a-row correctly.
Little Piece No. 3 (L.2)
- Use your practice chart!
Little Red Wagon by Teresa Richert (L.2)
- Add expression markings and keep wrists up when you're playing 3rds.
*Czerny Op. 823
- No. 7
- Where do the notes repeat? Which measures repeat? What are you going to do when something repeats? Add expression accordingly.
- No. 7
Celebrate Piano! Lesson & Musicianship 2A
- Dustin ordered and will bring when it arrives.
REVIEW (Mist & Frere Jacques)
- Periwinkle Twinkle by Anne Crosby Gaudet
- Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau: Movements 1 and 2
- GEORGE, JON: Relay Race (10/11)
DANIEL GOTTLOB, TURK: The Ballet (10/4)
- *POOLE, CLIFFORD: Mist
- *Frere Jacques Stands on His Head by Clifford Poole
Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau