PREPARE FOR THE ASSESSMENT IN THE FALL.
More proactive with finding music that will inspire. More “coaching” less task master. Survey needed regarding events and workshops.
Books on Loan
- Four Star: Sight Reading and Ear Tests Level 2 (same as in Abby's guide)
- June 3rd, Domingo Hall, NOC
- Ballade Op. 100 No. 15 by Johann Burgmuller
- Etude in C Major Op. 36 No. 22 by Alexander Gedike
- Little Piece No. 3 by Bela Bartok
- Little Red Wagon by Teresa Richert
- DUSTIN BRING REQUIREMENTS FOR RCM
*Technical Requirements Level 3:
ORDER OF SHARPS & FLATS:
SHARPS: F, C, G, D, A, E, B
FLATS: B, E, A, D, G, C, F
SCALES: Hands Together, 2 octaves
D Major - 2 sharps - F, C
Sharps on the first black notes in each set.
Where is finger 4?
F Major - 1 flat - B
Careful of your RH fingering.
B-flat Major - 2 flat - B, E
Hands alone practice.
Prepare hands together.
D minor - 1 flat - B
Learn Hands Together.
G minor - 2 flats - B, E
- Learn hands together.
Hanon No. 2, 3 and 4
- Learn the patterns.
Hanon No 1
- LEGATO: m.m. 80 per quarter note
Czerny Op. 823
- No. 8
- Learn hands together slowly.
- No. 8
*Celebrate Piano! Solos 2
- PREPARE: ALL OF UNIT 2
*Celebrate Piano! Lesson & Musicianship 2A
- PREPARE: 22-27
Four Star Sight Reading & Ear Tests: Level 2
- Do Set 10
REVIEW (Mist & Frere Jacques)
Ballade, Op. 100 No. 15 by Bergmuller
Etude in C Major Op. 36 No. 22 by Alexander Gedike (Etude.2)
Little Piece No. 3 (L.2)
Little Red Wagon by Teresa Richert (L.2)
Colored Windows by Edna-Mae Burnam (Etude.2)
- Periwinkle Twinkle by Anne Crosby Gaudet
- Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau: Movements 1 and 2
- GEORGE, JON: Relay Race (10/11)
DANIEL GOTTLOB, TURK: The Ballet (10/4)
- *POOLE, CLIFFORD: Mist
- *Frere Jacques Stands on His Head by Clifford Poole
Sonatina Op. 20 No. 1 by Friedrich Kuhlau