Notes & Makeups
- Repertoire Goals: Complete Clementi Op. 36. Learn another Bach Invention.
- Burgmuller Op. 109 No. 14 "Song of the Gondolier"
CHEST, NOT SHOULDER.
- No. 14 practice this way:
- Staccato practice - pausing then speed. Pausing then speed.
- Perform it with expression and improvisation.
- Improvise with notes, rhythms, patterns to make up short pieces with all forms of your technique.
Sweet Sorrow Op. 100 No. 16 by J. F. Burgmuller (level 5 etude)
- Increase tempo and intensity!
- Find moments of explosions and release.
The Happy Farmer Op. 68 No. 10 by Robert Schumann (level 4)
- Pass next week with markings
Lesson & Musicianship 4
- Prepare Unit 6
Beethoven Sonatina in F Major Anh 5 No. 2 (L. 5)
- Start learning.
*Bach Invention No. 8
- Practice the Hanon breathing technique
- Don't accent TOO much
- Ghost notes?
- Your 16th notes slow you don't sometimes.
Clementi Sonatina No. 4
- Con spirito
- Learn up to repeat with NFRPE and up to tempo! Performance ready! :)
- Con spirito
Four Star: Sight Reading & Ear ests Level 5
DUSTIN - BRING BOOK.
Debussy: Children's Corner, L. 113, No. 1 Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum
- Review once a week with music at a medium tempo.
Haydn: Piano Concerto in D Major HobXVIII:11, Movement 3
- Review in sections, once a week with music at medium tempo.
Czerny Op. 823
- No. 50: Transpose to C, D and A
- Don't use your ear! Use your eyes and understanding of the chords!
- Use your theory skilils
Solos 3 & 4
- PREPARE: page 32
- Left off at 128
- Chapter 8
- Prepare Nos. 35-36 at m.m. 100.
- Chapter 8
Remove 3 from the list below
Cradle Song (level 4 etude)
Kabalevsky - A Slow Waltz Op. 39 no. 23
Foggy Bottom Blues (level 4
Bartok Sonatina Sz. 55: 1. Bagpipers (recital)
Scarlatti Sonata in C Major K 159 (recital)
Masquerade by Linda Niamath (Etude L.4
Allegro in G Major (L. 4)
Dragon Fly (Etude L. 4)
Bartok, Dance in E Minor
Clementi Op. 36 No. 2 Movement 3
Etude in D Major Op. 37 No. 17 by Henry Lemoine (Etude L.3)
Etude in C Major by Carl Czerny Op. 261 No. 81 (Etude L.3)
Folk Dance by Kabalevsky (Etude L.4)
Arabesque Op. 100 No. 2 by Johann Friedrich Burgmüller (L. 3 Etude)
Musette in D Major by J.S. Bach (L. 3 List A)
Clowns Op. 39 No. 20 by Dmitri Kabalevsky (L. 3 List C)
Sonatina in A Minor Op. 94 No. 4 by Albert Biehl (L. 3 List B)
Clementi, Sonatina Op. 36 No. 1 in C Major
Faure Dolly Suite
Bazaar by Mark Mrozinski (L.2, List B)
Kuhlau, movement 2
*"Allegro in B-flat" by W. A. Mozart
"Angelfish" by Anne Crosby (
"Celebration" by Anne Crosby
Sonatina in G Major by Beethoven
**Adieu by Bergmuller
**Chanson Italienne Op.39 No. 15 Tchaikovsky
Pastorale by Bergmuller
- Mendelssohn Op. 30 No. 6 "Venetian Boat-Song No. 2"
- Moszkowski, Vingt Petites Etudes Op. 91 No. 10, 11