Notes & Makeups
Dustin - order Solo's 2
*Please do your "review" pieces!
*Jenny sick 10/2 - use makeup week or reschedule
- Sunday, November 19th at the DiMenna Center for Classical Music.
- Far Away
- Etude in C
*Hanon No. 1
- Please have the following goals completed for next week. This Hanon was so much better this week!
- PLEASE KEEP LH THUMB RELAXED
- LH WRIST UP
Far Away by Teresa Richert (L. 1 Etude) - (on loan from Dustin)
- Review one time a day with your music
- Play in performance class!
Etude in C Major by Félix Le Couppey (L. 1 Etude)
- Review once a day with your music. I'd like you to play this in performance class!
Celebration by Anne Crosby Gaudet (L. 1 Etude)
- Start to build up your speed from m.m. 60 to at least 80
- Fix the pedal in m. 9 and m. 12
*A Swinging Leprechaun by Mike Schoenmehl (L. 1 Etude)
- Start learning hands alone!
Hopscotch by Boris Berlin (L. 1 Etude)
- Have hands together to the end at one tempo. But first make sure that you feel comfortable with the notes before you force yourself to play in strict tempo.
LESSON & MUSICIANSHIP 2A
- REDO: page 43
- re-write the melodies with two measure question and two-measure answer.
- PREPARE: 44
SOLOS 2 - (no assignment)
*CZERNY No. 8
- Work up to mm. 60 per dotted-quarter note
- LH wrist moving forward on each chord
- Improvisation next week.
BARTOK (no assignment)
- Left off at No. 6
Basic Rhythmic Training
- REDO No. 61 - see the pencil instructions.
Prep B: Set 7 - (no assignment
Solfege - (no assignment)
- Chapter 8 - left off
***REVIEW - once a week with your music
- Distant Chimes by Jon George
- Gavotte in C by Telemann
- Pantomime by Faber
- Curious Cat by Teresa Richert (Prep A)
- Baby Kangaroo
- Teeter-Totter by Dale Reubart (Prep A)
- Dmitri Kabalevsky: Marching Op. 39 No. 3 (Prep A)
- Let's Waltz by Elvina Pearce (Prep A)
THEORY (no assignment)
Music Theory for Young Children 3 (no assignment)
- Left off at page 34 (scale theory)