Start with the ** items on Monday.
Notes & Makeups
Dustin - order Solo's 2
*Please do your "review" pieces!
*Jenny sick 10/2 - use makeup week or reschedule
Performance Class - Pay for Dustin on Monday
- Sunday, November 19th at the DiMenna Center for Classical Music.
- Far Away
- Etude in C
Hanon No. 1
- Please have the following goals completed for next week. This Hanon was so much better this week!
- m.m. 100 - Close Loud
- m.m. 100 - two notes per beat focusing on legato.
- PLEASE KEEP LH THUMB RELAXED
- LH WRIST UP
- Next week: sprints!
Far Away by Teresa Richert (L. 1 Etude) - (on loan from Dustin)
- Review one time a day with your music
- Play in performance class!
Etude in C Major by Félix Le Couppey (L. 1 Etude)
- Review once a day with your music. I'd like you to play this in performance class!
Celebration by Anne Crosby Gaudet (L. 1 Etude)
- WRISTS-POPPING: slow practice to get this movement in your hand - to train your hand to do what you want!
- LH Accent all LH 5ths.
- mm .8-10 - CLEAN PEDAL
- LH fingering between mm. 11-12 - please fix it.
A Swinging Leprechaun by Mike Schoenmehl (L. 1 Etude)
- Great job with your RH!
- LH - m. 9 and 10 please fix your notes
- HANDS TOGETHER: mm. 1-8!
Hopscotch by Boris Berlin (L. 1 Etude)
- Fix the pause between mm. 7-8 and 15-16
- "SPOT" both sections until you're confident you can do it in your sleep! :)
- After you've done spotting, put the sections back in the mix to see if it is fixed!
**LESSON & MUSICIANSHIP 2A
- REDO: page 43
- re-write the melodies with two measure question and two-measure answer.
- PREPARE: 44
SOLOS 2 - (no assignment)
**CZERNY No. 8
- Set m.m. 48 and play through with your LH equal to each tic. Don't let ANY mistakes slow you down
- After the first step, go back and "spot" any sections that gave your trouble.
- Repeat steps one and two until all pauses are gone!
BARTOK (no assignment)
- Left off at No. 6
**Basic Rhythmic Training
- REDO No. 61 - see the pencil instructions.
Prep B: Set 7 - (no assignment
Solfege - (no assignment)
- Chapter 8 - left off
**REVIEW - once a week with your music
- Distant Chimes by Jon George
- Gavotte in C by Telemann
- Pantomime by Faber
- Curious Cat by Teresa Richert (Prep A)
- Baby Kangaroo
- Teeter-Totter by Dale Reubart (Prep A)
- Dmitri Kabalevsky: Marching Op. 39 No. 3 (Prep A)
- Let's Waltz by Elvina Pearce (Prep A)
THEORY (no assignment)
Music Theory for Young Children 3 (no assignment)
- Left off at page 34 (scale theory)