We'll start with the starred assignments next week.
Notes & Makeups
*Jenny sick 10/2 - use makeup week or reschedule
- Sunday, June 3rd, 2017
Hanon No. 1
- RH finger 4 needs to be curved
- LH thumb and 5th finger need to be rounded - keep the bubble safe
- m.m. 72 - Close Loud
- m.m. 100 - two notes per beat focusing on legato.
- PLEASE KEEP LH THUMB RELAXED
- LH WRIST UP
- Next week: sprints!
Celebration by Anne Crosby Gaudet (L. 1 Etude)
- this needs to be solid as a rock in terms of your metronome! Set the metronome to m.m. 188 and be able to play with the metronome one note per tic!
A Swinging Leprechaun by Mike Schoenmehl (L. 1 Etude)
- Listen to recording each day (above).
Hopscotch by Boris Berlin (L. 1 Etude)
- Fix the pencil markings
- Build your tempo up to m.m. 132 or above. You might have to start around m.m. 112 if this is too fast. Remember, gradually building your tempo is much better than doing it quickly.
LESSON & MUSICIANSHIP 2A
- PREPARE: pages 48-50
- REDO: page 5 - 6
CZERNY No. 8 (no assignment)
- Dustin will bring Volume 1
*Basic Rhythmic Training
- REDO: No. 62 Be able to ta and conduct.
Four Star, Sight-reading and Ear Tests (no assignment)
Prep B: Set 7
Solfege - (no assignment)
- Chapter 8 - left off
*REVIEW - once a week with your music
Etude in C Major by Félix Le Couppey (L. 1 Etude
- Far Away by Teresa Richert (L. 1 Etude)
- Distant Chimes by Jon George
- Gavotte in C by Telemann
- Pantomime by Faber
- Curious Cat by Teresa Richert (Prep A)
- Baby Kangaroo (12/7/17)
- Teeter-Totter by Dale Reubart (Prep A)
- Dmitri Kabalevsky: Marching Op. 39 No. 3 (Prep A)
- Let's Waltz by Elvina Pearce (Prep A)
THEORY (no assignment)
Music Theory for Young Children 3 (no assignment)
- Left off at page 34 (scale theory)