We will start with your starred assignments next week.
*Hanon No. 1
- See your new video
Far Away by Teresa Richert (L. 1 Etude) - (on loan from Dustin)
- Fix pedal
- Willow Tree fingers.
*Etude in C Major by Félix Le Couppey (L. 1 Etude)
- Fix the pause between measures 8 and 9.
- Measures 9-16 - practice very slowly so you can get rid of all the the pauses in this entire piece! Pass off with this requirement at your next lesson.
Celebration by Anne Crosby Gaudet (L. 1 Etude)
- Play the LH with the correct rhythm.
- Relearn the notes in m. 4
A Swinging Leprechaun by Mike Schoenmehl (L. 1 Etude)
Hopscotch by Boris Berlin (L. 1 Etude)
LESSON & MUSICIANSHIP 2A
- REDO: page 31
- Fix the notes and the rhythm!
- PREPARE: 32-35
- Try to have these ready to pass off on the first try! :)
SOLOS 2 - (no assignment)
CZERNY No. 7
- Transpose this exercise into several different 5 finger positions! For example, you could do mm. 1-4 in C and mm. 5-8 in G!
BARTOK (no assignment)
- Left off at No. 6
Basic Rhythmic Training
- REDO: No. 60 - clap the missing subdivisions.
- Call me if you forget how to do it.
- PREPARE: No. 61 - compose in the style of 60.
Prep B: Set 7 - (no assignment
Solfege - (no assignment)
- Chapter 8 - left off
REVIEW - once a week with your music
- Distant Chimes by Jon George
- Gavotte in C by Telemann
- Pantomime by Faber
- Curious Cat by Teresa Richert (Prep A)
- Baby Kangaroo
- Teeter-Totter by Dale Reubart (Prep A)
- Dmitri Kabalevsky: Marching Op. 39 No. 3 (Prep A)
- Let's Waltz by Elvina Pearce (Prep A)
THEORY (no assignment)
Music Theory for Young Children 3 (no assignment)
- Left off at page 34 (scale theory)