- May be interested in theory lessons or content in the lesson.
- Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
- Sunday, February 11, 2018
- Swinging Leprechaun
Technique: Level 1
- LH descending needs work with fingering! :)
- Focus on a rounded hand position.
- Scales: HS, 2 Octaves: these need to be perfect on the first try
- C, G, Major
- a, e, d Minor
- RH Fingering: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- LH Fingering: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1
- F Major
- RH Finering: 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4
- LH Fingering: (traditional)
- Major Scale Formula: Tonic, W, W, H, W, W, W, H
- Minor Scale Formula: Tonic, W, H, W, W, H, W, W
*Hanon No. 1 - DUSTIN BRING NO. 2 NEXT WEEK
- m.m. 72 - Close Loud - attack each key!
- m.m. 132 - two notes per beat focusing on legato. Tidy attacks!
- Sprint! Three times as fast as you can, keeping close to the keys.
Red Satin Jazz by Martha Mier (L. 1)
- RECORD yourself playing this and then play back. writing down each section that needs work in your practice chart!
The Ballet (L. 1)
- Practice measures 9-12 hands together, taking turns accenting each subdivision of each beat.
*A Starry Night (L. 1)
- Please see all the existing green and red markings.
LESSON & MUSICIANSHIP 2B
- PREPARE: 18-22
- REDO: page 25
- PREPARE: 28 (UNIT 7)
CZERNY No. 8 (no assignment)
BARTOK: Mikrokosmos (no assignment)
- PREPARE: No. 8 next time
Basic Rhythmic Training (no assignment)
- PREPARE: 65-66 Be able to ta and conduct.
Four Star, Sight-reading and Ear Tests (no assignment)
DUSTIN BRING SETS 8-10
Prep B: Set 7
Solfege - (no assignment)
- Chapter 8 - left off
**REVIEW - once a week with your music. The "*" means we've heard it.
Andante in G Minor by Telemann (L. 1)
*Haydn German Dance in D Major (L. 1)
*Hopscotch by Boris Berlin (L. 1 Etude)
*Celebration by Anne Crosby Gaudet (L. 1 Etude)
*A Swinging Leprechaun by Mike Schoenmehl (L. 1 Etude)
Etude in C Major by Félix Le Couppey (L. 1 Etude
- Far Away by Teresa Richert (L. 1 Etude)
- *Distant Chimes by Jon George
- Gavotte in C by Telemann
- *Pantomime by Faber
- Curious Cat by Teresa Richert (Prep A)
- Baby Kangaroo (12/7/17)
- Teeter-Totter by Dale Reubart (Prep A)
- Dmitri Kabalevsky: Marching Op. 39 No. 3 (Prep A)
- *Let's Waltz by Elvina Pearce (Prep A)
THEORY (no assignment)
Music Theory for Young Children 3 (no assignment)
- Left off at page 34 (scale theory)