Start with Repertoire next week
Royal Conservatory of Music
- Aim for May / June assessment - Level 4
- New Piece: Beethoven Sonatina
TECHNIQUE (Scales This Week + Hanon No. 7)
No. 7 in C-sharp Major
m.m. 84 per half note.
Scales: F-sharp and C-sharp Majors
Parallel (hands together at mm. 80 two notes per tic)
Contrary Scales (hands together Contrary)
m.m. 100 Close Loud (if you make a mistake in close and high loud)
Contrary m.m. 126 - Legato, one note per tic
Contrary m.m 126 - Legato, two notes per tic
Don't let your wrist drop when you play your thumbs.
Czerny No. 1
- Redo the improvisation. Keep within the skeleton and number of beats.
- Use less repeated notes and more ornamentation.
Czerny No. 25
Bartok Book 1
- No. 36. Let's pass this next week. Find all the places in which you can add some creative expression and mood change.
Dustin Bring book 2
Four Star Sight Reading Level 3
- Practice the Clapback section on page 47
Four Star Sight Reading Level 4
Order this book - Juilliard should have it.
No. 129, 130, 131
Solfege (no assignment)
Chapter 11 Nos. 5-6 (passed off)
Mozart Piano Concert No. 9 in E-flat Major, K271
- Rondo - get the music and bring to your next lesson.
Beethoven Sonatina in F Major: Anh. 5 No. 2 (L.5)
- Focus on the slurs and how to come off the ends. Learn to the end.
Folk Dance: Kabalevsky (L.4)
- See the black pen.
Morning Prayer by Tchaikovsky (L.3)
- See pencil markings.
Potential New Piece: Four Rondos Op 60 No 4., Rondo-Toccata
Etude in D Major Op. 37 No. 17 by Henry Lemoine (Etude L. 3)
- There was no contrast between sections and you didn't do the D. C. al Fine.
Etude in C Major by C. Czerny Op. 261
- Dynamics and even notes to pass.
Review (choose two pieces to remove from review)
The Song of the Twilight by Yoshinao Nakata (List C)
Arabesque Op. 100 No. 2 by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller (Etude)
Diabelli Op. 151 No. 4
Polonaise in G Minor BWV Anh. 119 by Johann Sebastian Bach
Invention No 1 in C Major by J. S. Bach
Etude in F Major Op. 777 No. 22 by Carl Czerny (Etude L. 3)
Clowns by Dmitri Kabalevsky (List C)
- The Wind by Chee-Hwa Tan (L.2 Etude)
Etude in C Major Op. 261 No. 3 by C. Czerny (L.2 Etude)
I Spy by Melody Bober (L.2 List B) (10/12)
Menuetto in C Major by W. A. Mozart (L.2 List A)
Etude in C Major Op. 261 No. 3 by Carl Czerny (L 2 Etude)
Ecosaisse in G Major WoO 23 by Ludwig van Beethoven (L. 2 List A)
A Little Song Op. 27 No. 2 by Dmitri Kabalevsky (L.2 List B) (heard 10/12)
Turkish Bazaar by Mark Mrozinski (L.2 List B) - (heard 9/26)
Invention in C Major by Renée Christopher (L 2 List C)
Canon, Cornelius Gurlitt (1820-1901) (L 2 LIST C)
"Adagio" by DANIEL STEIBELT
Celebration by Anne Crosby
Etude in G-flat Major